As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. See our full disclosure here.
As the days are getting colder, it’s easy to bundle up and read a good book or watch a movie. However, something I love to do that gets my creative juices flowing is have a good DIY craft session. One of my favorite things to make are easy DIY Christmas ornaments. I love crafting because it allows me to be creative and learn new things. There’s never any wrong way to do crafts and I love using every color imaginable to make my crafts personal and fun.
With the holiday season fast approaching, one of my favorite things to do is decorate for Christmas. While there are many ways to decorate for Christmas, I love making my own decorations and filling my home with things that are both colorful and festive!
15 Easy DIY Christmas Ornaments
One of my favorite Christmas-themed crafts is creating ornaments for our tree. There is an endless number of ideas, but I’ve narrowed it down for you. I’ve compiled a list of my top 15 super easy DIY Christmas ornaments that you can either make yourself or with your little ones!
- Cactus Craft Ornaments–These adorable little cactus ornaments are a funDIY you can whip up in minutes! All you need are some mini terracotta pots, mini ornament balls, acrylic paint pens, acrylic paint, a hot glue gun, and some flower embellishments. This Western-inspired holiday DIY is sure to warm up your home this season!
- Lisa Frank Inspired Ornaments–If you lived through the 90s, you know Lisa Frank everythingwas all the rage. From notebooks to pens to backpacks, Lisa knew how to start a trend. Since I loved her stuff so much, I decided to make a Lisa Frank-inspired Christmas ornament and share it with you guys! These ornaments are super easy to make and will definitely bring out your inner 90s kid!
- DIY Hand-Painted Ornaments–These mesmerizing rainbow hand-painted ornaments have got to be one of the most relaxing DIYs to make! All you need are some clear ornament balls, acrylic paint, and a paintbrush!
- DIY Ice Cream Ornaments–I’m a huge fan of mini flower pots as you can tell! These adorable mini ice cream ornaments are super cute and make the perfect craft for little ones! The materials are the same as the Cactus Ornaments but with a cherry embellishment instead of a flower embellishment.
- Easy Glitter Ornaments–I have a love-hate relationship with glitter, mostly because of the clean-up involved. However, for this DIY craft, I used large foil flake glitter, and it was much easier to clean up! If you’re a big glitter fan, this craft is for you! If you have little ones that love glitter, you can make this craft with themif you want!
- Ombre Painted Ornaments – It’s amazing what you can create with a make-up sponge and some paint. Learn the easy technique used to make these colorful ombre Christmas ornaments.
- Christmas Gnome Painted Rock Ornaments–I think painted rock crafts are so cute and fun to make! These Christmas Gnome Painted Rock Ornaments are super easy to make, don’t require a ton of materials, and can be given out as gifts or put on your tree!
- Snow Cone Christmas Ornament–I’m really into bright, rainbow craftsif you couldn’t tell! This super easy Snow Cone Christmas Ornament takes less than 15 minutes to make and will surely brighten up your tree this Christmas!
- Nightmare Before Christmas DIY Ornament–My family and I always watch the Nightmare Before Christmas movie every Halloween. I decided to keep Jack Skellington alive with this inspired DIY ornament! These adorable rainbow skeleton ornaments will add a little spookiness to your tree this holiday season!
- Nail Polish Marbled Ornaments–If you’ve got some old nail polish lying around that you don’t know what to do with, make some Nail Polish Marbled Ornaments! They’re super easy to make and can be made with cheap nail polish so it won’t break the bank!
- Christmas Painted Shell Ornaments–Do you have beach-themed Christmas décor? Are you an avid beachgoer? Then theseChristmas Painted Shell Ornaments are perfect for you! These are super easy to make and add a nice summery vibe to your Christmas tree!
- DIY Christmas Puffy Paint Ornaments–I absolutely love puffy paint because can literally do anything with it and it’s super cheap! I decided to make these rainbow puffy paint ornaments and they turned out amazing! You only need a few materials to make this super colorful Christmas ornament!
- Craft Stick Christmas Ornaments–Got some old craft sticks lying around? Try making these craft stick Christmas Ornaments! This craft is super easy to make and great for kids because it doesn’t involve a ton of detailed instructions.
Of course, the best way to celebrate Christmas is just to have fun with it. What ornament decorations are you going to try out this holiday season? If you try one of mine, be sure to tag me on social media so I can see it.