I’m a HUGE fan of using mini flower pots for crafts and if you like these DIY ice cream ornaments you’ll love my cactus ornaments as well. These mini ice cream cone ornaments are adorable and you can have a ton of fun creating different toppings and cute faces for each one. The possibilities are endless. See below for the exact supplies you’ll need to create your own DIY ice cream ornaments and the step-by-step tutorial.
Supplies for DIY Ice Cream Ornaments (affiliate links provided for convenience)
- Mini Terra Cotta Pots – 1.5″″ pots
- Mini Ornaments Balls – glass 50mm (2″) ornaments balls or you could use plastic. I used white balls because that’s what I made on hand, but clear works just the same.
- Acrylic Paint – Here are two great, affordable options: Mont Marte Acylic paint or Arteza acrylic paint.
- Acrylic Paint Pens- I like both these Tooli Art extra fine acrylic paint pens and these Artistro extra fine paint pens.
- Hot Glue Gun
- Cherry Embellishment
- Start by painting your ornaments with acrylic paint. NOTE: I did two coats of paint so that there would be no streaks and the ornament would have full coverage.
- While the ornament is drying, paint the top of the mini flower pot the same ice cream color and add some cute ice cream drips.
- Add a cone pattern to the flower pot with a brown paint pen.
- Once the paint is completely dry you can also add white highlights to the ice cream drips to help them stand out.
- On the ornament, paint any topping you’d like (whipped cream, chocolate sauce, caramel, etc).
- While you topping paint is drying, add the face using paint pens.
- Next, add sprinkles or whatever ever fun design you’d like to the top of the ornament. NOTE: Make sure the paint is completely dry before adding details with the paint pens.
- Hot glue the ornament to the inside of the pot.
- And finally, add a little cherry embellishment or you could also just use a red puff ball.