I’m Sam, and I love color and making happy things. The best compliment I could receive is that my projects and pictures make you smile. I didn’t always paint rainbows, sunshine, and unicorns. After ten great years in marketing and branding for a major corporation, the colorful projects all began when my son was born in 2011. You can find one of my first projects here, his ABC letter wall. My son is my muse and has taught me that there’s no such thing as perfection when it comes to art. Just create what makes you smile and feel good. Kids are so smart! Without my son, all of my colorful pictures and projects would not exist.
Since reading paragraphs about me can be pretty boring, here are some fun, bulleted facts to keep your attention!
- I can’t paint my own nails, but I can paint tiny intricate designs on tiny rocks. Go figure!
- I collect markers. I can’t stop buying them. I have more sets of markers than pairs of shoes.
- In 2015 I was one of five winners that Starbucks picked for their Red Cup Contest. Of course I doodled on mine. Since then I’ve painted several dozen Starbucks cups.
- I met my husband on Match.com in 2007, and since then all good things happen to us when it’s June… we met, got engaged, bought a house, got married, and found out I was pregnant in the month of June.
- I’m unusually good at 80s arcade games, video games, and bar games.
- I don’t eat condiments, and in fact I’ve never even tasted ketchup or mustard. I also hate salad dressing too. I know… it’s weird.
- Ten years ago I hated running, and had never run a distance of more than one mile. Now I’ve run three marathons, a dozen half marathons, and even a race UP the Empire State Building.
- My thumb is double-jointed, which provides no real benefit, other than being a good party trick. I can bend it all the way back to touch my wrist.
- I can deadlift 135lbs, but I have hate changing the water bottle on our water dispenser.
- I was born on Halloween, and my parents named me after a witch. She was a good witch though… Samantha from the popular 70s television show Bewitched.
I hope you find some inspiration here and, if nothing else, I hope my colorful projects brighten your day. If you want to see more of what I create on daily basis you can find me on Instagram @Colormadehappy. I always take time to say hi and answer questions from my lovely followers, so please stop by!