There are so many fun ways to use mini flower pots and they are perfect for making a Christmas cactus ornament craft. This easy ornament DIY is something that kids or adults could make for a fun Christmas craft.
Related: See all my flower pot crafts here.
Supplies for Cactus Ornament Craft (affiliate links provided for convenience)
- Mini Terra Cotta Pots – 1.5″″ pots (If you have 2″ pots, add some air dry clay to the base to build up height. You could even use brown to look like dirt).
- Mini Ornaments Balls – glass 50mm (2″) ornaments balls or you could use plastic. I used white balls because that’s what I made on hand, but clear works just the same.
- Acrylic Paint Pens- I like both these Tooli Art extra fine acrylic paint pens and these Artistro extra fine paint pens.
- Acrylic Paint – This is a great paint with a lot of color options Arteza acrylic paint.
- Hot Glue Gun
- Flower Embellishment
- Start by painting your ornaments shade of green with acrylic paint. I mixed several different shades since I was making more than one ornament. NOTE: I did two coats of paint so that there would be no streaks and the ornament would have full coverage.
- Once your ornament is completely dry, add face details and a cactus pattern using paint pens.
3. Add hot glue to your mini flower pot and add the ornament. NOTE: I would remove then hot glue the silver top of the ornament just to be sure the hold is strong.
4. Add a small flower embellishment using hot glue.
See how easy it is to create your own cactus ornament for Christmas! This would make an adorable gift for a friend who loves cacti. You can add a cute message on the flower pot as well using paint pens.