As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. See our full disclosure here.
If you want an adorable and easy ornament idea that can be made in 15 minutes or less…this is it! This snow cone ornament couldn’t be easier. This is a great Christmas craft for the whole family. See below for the exact supplies used as well as step-by-step directions.
Supplies for Snow Cone Ornament (affiliate links provided for convenience)
- Styrofoam Ball – I used 2.3″ styrofoam balls. Make sure to use the rough textured foam balls and not the smooth ones.
- Snow cone (4oz)
- Acrylic Paint – This set has a great variety of vivid colors.
- Paint Pens or Sharpies – I used extra fine paint pens but sharpies would work too!
- Hot Glue Gun
- Ornament Top – I just took one off some dollar store ornaments
- Start by painting a textured styrofoam ball with acrylic paint. You don’t want to use too much paint because you want some of the white of the foam ball to show through like an actual snow cone. You also only need to cover the top half as the other part will be covered by the cone. 2. While you let the painted styrofoam ball dry, add a face to the snow cone. I used extra fine paint pens but Sharpies would work too.
3. To add the styrofoam ball to the snow cone, add a small amount of hot glue to the back and side of the snow cone. I didn’t add any hot glue to the front of the cone because I didn’t want it to show through the thin paper.
4. For the ornament topper, I just used one from a dollar store ornament. I simply pushed it into the styrofoam ball. You could add hot glue as well, but you don’t need to because the ornament is very light weight.
This DIY ornament craft is a very easy Christmas ornament craft and is great for kids or adults. You can paint your snow cone ornaments in a variety of different colors and there are so many fun options for the faces.