I have a love hate relationship with glitter. I love the look of it and it’s an amazing craft material but it is absolutely no fun to clean-up. For this project I used a large foil type of glitter which made clean-up much easier than using fine glitter, plus I love the iridescent look. These easy glitter ornaments are such a fun craft for Christmas and great for all ages.
Supplies (affiliate links provided for convenience)
- Acrylic Clear Ornaments –
- Foil Flakes
- Confetti Embellishments
- Mod Podge
- Foam Brush
- Paint Pens – this is a great starter set or this paint pen set.
Directions for Glitter Ornaments
- Add a layer of Mod Podge to the ornament using a foam brush.
- First I added the confetti embellishments.
- Next I added the foil flakes and tapped off any extra.
- This is now the hard part…you have to wait until the bottom layer of Mod Podge is completely dry.
- Once it’s completely dry, you’ll add another layer of Mod Podge over the top of the glitter foil. The key is to lightly tap the Mod Podge on top of the foil so you don’t brush off any of the glitter.
- Again you must wait for the Mod Podge to completely dry. Once dry, use paint pens to draw on a cute face or any design you desire.
I promise you’ll love how your finished glitter ornaments look! They would be adorable as present toppers as well. I’d love to see your finished DIY glitter ornaments. Come share a picture with me on my Instagram page or Facebook page for a chance to get featured.