I’m all about fun and easy Valentine’s gifts. This flower pot homemade Valentine’s Day gift is simple to make and would bring a smile to anyone’s face. These flower pots would also make adorable Valentine’s Day table decor. You could fill them up with just about any type of candy or you could even plant succulents in them. See below for the exact supplies I used and the step-by-step instructions.
Homemade Valentine’s Day Gift Flower Pot (affiliate links provided for convenience)
- Mini Terra Cotta Pots – 1.5″ or 2″ pots
- Acrylic Paint – Arteza acrylic paint is a great option for easily covering flower pots.
- Paint Pens – I have found that these paint pens are the most versatile for drawing on all types of surfaces like terra cotta pots. The extra fine point is great for detailed designs.
- Paint brush
- Sealant (optional)
- For the “Be Mine” and “Tic-Tac-Toe” flower pots, start by painting the entire flower pot with white acrylic paint.
- For the heart envelope flower pot, start by drawing your design in pencil and then paint the background pink.
- Add details on the flower pots using paint pens.
- Have fun with the details. Add a cute Valentine’s Day phrase or doodles. For the tic-tac-toe design you could also use lips in place of the hearts.