This easy turkey craft is a great way to get excited for Thanksgiving. These cute flower pot turkeys can be used as table decor, name cards, or just as a cute gift to give for “Friendsgiving”. Even kids can make this fun and easy flower pot turkey craft for Thanksgiving. See below for a complete list of supplies and step by step directions.
Related: How to Draw a Cute Turkey
Flower Pot Turkey Craft Supplies (affiliate links provided for convenience)
- Mini Terra Cotta Pots – 1.5″ or 2″ pots (I used 1.5″ because I wanted them tiny)
- Acrylic Paint Pens- I like both these Tooli Art extra fine acrylic paint pens and these Artistro extra fine paint pens.
- Artificial Maple Leaves – I found small white leaves at the craft store and painted them. You can paint your leaves whatever color you like or keep them as is!
- Acrylic Paint (optional if you want to paint your leaves)– This is a great paint with a lot of color options Arteza acrylic paint.
- Hot Glue Gun
Directions for Making Flower Pot Turkey
- Start by adding the turkey face to your flower pot using extra fine paint pens.
- Next you’ll prepare the leaves which will be the turkey feathers. I wanted my leaves to be a variety of colors so I painted them using acrylic paint. I was able to find white leaves to paint but you should be able to paint any color leaves. If you need, you could always spray paint them white first before you paint. Just select three colors or mix your own.
- Once the leaves are dry, select a few to glue onto the back of the flower pot. my leaves were pretty small so I used three.
- I glued the leaves together first before then gluing them to the back of the flower pot. NOTE: I recommend using a hot glue gun to glue them together. I tried other glues at first and hot glue worked the best and dried the fastest.
Now that your cute little turkey is finished, you can add candy corn or other treats. You could also add a toothpick in the candy corn and a little name card if you’re using it as a turkey place card setting for your Thanksgiving table. So many fun ways to use this cute little turkey craft.