I’ve come to the conclusion that you can pretty much make anything cute just by adding a kawaii face to it. These kawaii pumpkin mason jars are incredibly easy to make and are a perfect fall craft. If you’ve never seen my projects before than you probably have no idea how much I adore painting mason jars.
Pumpkin Mason Jar (affiliate links provided for convenience)
- Mason Jars – I used 16oz glass mason jars for the large pumpkin. You could also use these plastic mason jars if you want something non-breakable. Here are great options for smaller jars, 10oz glass and 9oz plastic.
- White Primer – This is my favorite primer because it’s a flat primer and paint in one.
- Acrylic Paint – This is a great acrylic paint brand and there are a ton of color options.
- Paint Markers – I also really love these less expensive paint markers.
- Brushes – I like flat paint brushes for covering mason jars with paint.
- Ribbon – I used a burlap ribbon.
- Green Card Stock
- Sealant (optional) – I often use this matte spray sealant or this gloss spray sealantdepending on if I want shine or a matte finish.
- Place mason jars mouth down on top of a piece of cardboard and spray evenly with a the flat white primer.
- Next, cover the jars with acrylic paint. You might need 2-3 layers of paint depending on the paint thickness.
- Lightly sketch the faces with a pencil.
- Go over the pencil sketches with paint markers. For the paint markers be sure to shake them well before using and always test them first on a piece of paper. NOTE: If you want to seal your jars, do so after this step before you add the cork stem.
- Tie a piece of ribbon onto each cork and then glue the cork on top of each mason jar.
- Add a green leaf cut from card stock. I glued my leaf to the back of the cork.