I’ve seen so many pressed flower resin projects and I wanted to do something that was similar but without using resin. It could not be any easier to create a pressed flower ring dish. This project probably takes about 15-20 mins and in the end you have a beautiful dried flower ring dish.
Related: Nail Polish Marbled Ring Dish
This post contains affiliate links, and I may be compensated if you make a purchase through my link. See full disclosure here.
Supplies for Pressed Flower Ring Dish
- Dried Pressed flowers – I linked to the exact pressed flowers I used. They were beautiful and perfect for this project.
- Ring Dish – The dishes I used were 4″ but these are similar.
- Glitterific Paint
- Acrylic Gloss Sealer
- Foam Brush
- Start by adding the glitter paint directly to your ring dish.
- Because the glitter paint I used was very sticky, I immediately pressed flowers right on top before it dried. If the glitter paint you are using is not sticky enough or it dries too quickly, you can add a layer of Mod Podge before you add the flowers.
- Let the paint and flowers dry completely and then spray the dish outside with this acrylic gloss sealer. I sprayed 2 layers. Best to let the sealant dry overnight before adding your jewelry to the ring dish. These dried flower ring dishes would make beautiful handmade gifts. You can even press your own flowers to add a personal touch. Display your finished flower trinket bowl around the house or use it as a jewelry holder in your bathroom. If you like this DIY ring dish tutorial, also check out how to make nail polish marbled ring dishes.