As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. See our full disclosure here.
I love making my own colorful gems. It all started when I first made these glitter gems and then I made these DIY glass cracked gems. This time I wanted to do some Lisa Frank inspired glass crackled gems and you won’t believe how easy these are to make! These crackle gems are perfect for making your own jewelry or key chains. An awesome craft that both kids and adults can enjoy. These glass gems take only a few steps to make and it’s a great craft activity for all ages.
Supplies for Crackled Gems (affiliate links provided for convenience)
- Glass Dome Cabochons(will also work with vase filler gems like these)
- Clear Top Coat Nail Polish
- OPI Nail Lacquer Nail Shatter Black Nail Polish or this similar shatter polish.
- Nail Polish – Colored
- Glue –Diamond Glaze Glue or E6000 Adhesive
- Key Chains (optional)
- Necklace Chains (optional)
See the video here and the full directions below:
Directions for Glass Crackled Gems
- Step 1. On the flat side of a glass dome cabochon paint a layer of clear top coat nail polish. (You can also use vase filler gems like these, but the final results are bolder when using cabochons).
- Step 2. Once the top coat is dry, add a layer of the black nail shatter polish and let dry completely.
- Step 3. Add color nail polish and let dry completely.
- Step 4. Glue glass dome to cabochon backing.
- Step 5. Add necklace chain or keychain.
Hope you’re feeling inspired to make your own glass crackled gems and cabochons. This would be a great and easy craft to do with large groups for a craft or birthday party activity.