It’s no secret that unicorns are very trendy which means there are a ton of DIY unicorn crafts out there. That’s why I thought it would be fun to put a creative twist on the whole unicorn mania and create this pandacorn unicorn mason jar craft. I mean can you get any cuter or more magical than combining a panda with a unicorn? And if you didn’t already know, I’m a big fan mason jar crafts: rainbow fruit mason jars, glitter mason jars, animal mason jars and doodle mason jars.
Watch the video first and then see the supply list and step-by-step directions below:
Pandacorn Unicorn Mason Jar Supplies (affiliate links provided for convenience)
- Mason Jars – I used this 8oz mason jar and this 16 oz mason jar. I always use these jars for mason jar crafts because they have a flat, non-logo side.
- White Flat Paint + Primer – This is my favorite primer because it’s a flat primer and paint in one.
- Paint Markers – If you don’t have paint markers yet, I highly recommend these extra fine point markers. I use them all the time on rocks, wood and more. They are perfect for details on mason jar crafts like this one.
- Black Cardstock
- Gold Glitter Cardstock
- Glue – I always tend to use E6000 glue for my crafts but you could use any craft glue or a hot glue gun.
- Flower Embellishments – I used these watercolor larger flowers. And these are similar to the smaller flowers.
Pandacorn Unicorn Mason Jar Directions
- Place mason jars mouth down on top of a piece of cardboard and spray evenly with a the flat white primer. Since this is a paint and primer in one you don’t need to paint white over it after.
- Lightly draw the eyes, nose and mouth using a pencil.
- Fill in the outline with the paint markers. Note: Make sure to let the black dry before you add the white of the eyes.
- Cut out black ears from the cardstock and glue to the mason jar.
- Cut a long triangle from the glitter cardstock for the horn and glue to the jar.
- Finally, cover the ears and the horn with flower embellishments.
What do you think…will pandacorns become the new unicorns? Would love to see your finished pandacorn unicorn mason jars. Come share pictures of your project on my Instagram page or Facebook page . I love sharing projects that were inspired by my tutorials with my followers.
And don’t forget to check out these out these other mason jar crafts for more inspiration.
Pin this image for later!