DIY Pencil Holder
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. See our full disclosure here.
I’m all about cute desk accessories and I wanted to make a fun DIY pencil holder with embellishments. This is one of those pencil holders that just makes you smile and is a colorful organizer for any desk.
DIY Pencil Holder Supplies (affiliate links provided for convenience)
- Acrylic pencil holder
- E6000 Glue
- Glitterific Paint
Directions for Making a Pen Holder for Desk
- Start by laying out your large embellishment on the pencil holder so you get an idea of placements and how many you can fit.
- Cover the side of the holder you are working on with glitterific paint.
- Add the large embellishments first using E6000 glue or any adhesive. I found that the smaller embellishments adhered well to just the glitterific paint by itself.
- Next, fill in the holes with smaller embellishments like clay slices and small rhinestones. You might need to add more glitter paint with a small paint brushes for the areas where you are adding the small embellishments if they are already dry. The embellishments will stick right to the glitter paint!
- Fill your finished pencil holder with your favorite pencils or pens. I only decorated ones side but you can always decorate the others if you wish.
Other DIY Desk Accessories Ideas
Rainbow Pencil Holder
If you like the idea of decorating a pen holder but want to keep it more simple you can use just fruit clay slices and create a simple rainbow pencil holder design.
Pencil Holder Mason Jars
These fruit mason jars are fun and easy to make if you know the secret to painting mason jars. Check out this tutorial to learn the best way to paint mason jars.
Hope you are feeling inspired to make your own DIY pencil holders! For more colorful crafts and ideas, visit me on Instagram and Tiktok.