Who says zombies can’t be colorful and fun! I had such a great time making these zombie painted rocks and they would be a great Halloween craft for kids or adults. You could even give out these zombie painted rocks in place of candy this this year at Halloween!
I created the painted rock zombies using a mixture of acrylic paint and paint markers. Keep reading below for step-by-step instructions and to see the exact supplies I used.
Zombie Painted Rock Supplies (affiliate links provided for convenience)
- Rocks – There are a ton of options on Amazon for rocks. Below are a few favorites.
- Acrylic Paint
- Paint Markers – All of these markers are great options and I use all of them often for rock painting.
- Sealant – Lately I’ve been using this sealant for a glossy finish
Zombie Painted Rocks Directions
- Start by painting each rock a different color using acrylic paint. Let dry completely.
- Lightly draw the details of each zombie face using a pencil.
- Use paint markers to add details for the eyes, teeth, brain, worms, etc.
- I also like to outline all the details in black to make them stand out more.
- Once your down you can add a sealant to your rocks to help protect them (see supplies list above).
If you like this tutorial, you can find over 30 other rock art tutorials featuring dot painting, marbling, embellishments, and much more in my book, Rock Art Handbook. You can also find more rock painting tutorials right here.