As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. See our full disclosure here.
We made these easy DIY toy donuts for Jake’s birthday party a few years ago! Since he loved treats and his favorite letter was “o”, we decided to have a donut party.
Easy DIY Toy Donuts for Kids
When I came across a post on Inner Child Fun for donuts from dollar store socks, I immediately thought they would be great party favors. Not only are these faux donuts inexpensive to make (about $0.60 per donut), they are also super easy. I made 3 donuts in about 20 minutes.
Supplies to Make These Pretend Play Toy Donuts
- Men’s Long Socks (purchased mine at Dollar Tree). Brown or tan would work well.
- Hot glue gun
- Puffy paint
Step 1: Cut the toe off the sock
Step 2: Roll the sock to create a donut shape.
Step 3. Cut icing out of felt and hot glue it onto your sock donut.
An easy way to measure is by setting the sock donut on top of the felt and drawing an outline. Then you know to cut smaller!
Step 4 . Add Decorations.
DIY Toy Donuts for Kids – Quick Step by Step
- Cut the toe off the sock and remove any tight elastic.
- Tightly roll the sock into a donut shape.
- Make icing out of felt and hot glue it on top.
- Add sprinkles and other decorations with puffy paint.