As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. See our full disclosure here.
This is such a fun and easy acrylic painting idea. There are a ton of different ways and color combos you can use for this painting. Have fun experimenting and trying out different ideas. You can even fill in the heart at the end with another little painting. See below for a list of supplies and directions on how to make this easy abstract art project.
Related Projects: Easy Abstract Painted Hearts
Supplies for Easy Acrylic Painting (affiliate links provided for convenience)
- Acrylic Paints
- Palette Knife
- Craft Wood Slice – Large size wood slice or Medium size wood slice
- Start by putting the paint colors you are going to use on a paint palette or on a paper plate.
- Cut-out a heart from card stock and tape it to your wood slice.
- Dip your palette knife into the first color (make sure to get plenty of paint on your knife) and add it to the wood slice. Keep adding colors.
- I mixed in bits of white paint throughout as I added the colors.
- Once you add your final color, let the piece dry completely. Acrylic paint dries quickly, but be sure it’s completely dry before the next step.
- Remove the card stock heart.
- You can leave the piece as is or you could add an additional design within the heart. Below is one idea. For more crafty and colorful projects visit my Instagram page or Facebook page. And if you make you own acrylic painting like this one, come share your finished project. I love featuring crafts that were inspired by my tutorials with my followers.