As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. See our full disclosure here.
Clay flower pots are an inexpensive craft supply and you can turn them into just about anything. I loved how these gingerbread house clay pots turned out so I knew I wanted to do a fun clay pot craft for fall that could also be used at Thanksgiving. This scarecrow flower pot craft are incredibly easy to make and you only need a few supplies. See below to find out how to turn mini terra cotta pots into adorable scarecrows.
Scarecrow Flower Pot Craft Supplies (affiliate links provided for convenience)
- Mini Terra Cotta Flower Pots
- Paint Pens – I used these extra fine Posca Paint Markers. You can also get this smaller set of the Posca Paint Markers. Another great paint pen option are these Artistro Paint Markers Extra Fine
- Black fine liner pen
- Acrylic paint (optional)
- Flower Embellishments
- Craft Glue
Watch the video on how to make a scarecrow clay pot and see the directions below:
- Paint the top of the clay pot using acrylic paint. You could also use a paint marker.
- Add the eye details, nose and hair using paint markers. I like to first outline the design in pencil.
- Make sure the black background of the eyes are completely dry before adding the white.
- Add fine line details for the nose and mouth use a black fine liner pen.
- Add pink cheeks to the smile.
- Glue flower embellishments onto the top of the pot.
- Add any additional designs using paint markers. Wouldn’t these scarecrow flower pots be adorable as placards for a Thanksgiving table setting? They are also a great fall craft for kids too. I’d love to see how your terra cotta scarecrow clay pots turn out. Come share with me a picture of your finished flower pots on Instagram or Facebook! I love showing examples of my tutorials being made!