As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. See our full disclosure here.
I’ve been seeing a ton of fun resin crafts lately and I wanted to create something that looked like resin but without having to use resin which can be complicated and requires special protective gear when handling. That’s when I came up with the idea of creating these fun no resin acrylic key chains. These DIY acrylic keychains are super easy to make and don’t require too many supplies. Plus I love that they can easily be personalized keychains for gifts. This is a quick 20-30 minute craft that can be done by all skill levels. This post contains affiliate links, and I may be compensated if you make a purchase through my link. See full disclosure here.
Related: Cricut Keychain Project
DIY Acrylic Keychains Supplies
- Heart Clear Acrylic Keychain Blanks Set
- OR if you want Acrylic Letter Blanks check here NOTE: If you use letter blanks you’ll need to get the key chain accessories separately.
- Polymer Slices – polymer clay nail slices come in variety of colors, themes and shapes. This is a great place to get polymer clay slices. See below for more options.
- Charms – Add a resin charm. for an added design element.
- Glitter Paint
- Mod Podge
- Foam Paintbrush
- Acrylic paint (optional)
- Tweezers (optional)
Directions for Acrylic Keychains
- Start with your acrylic keychain blank. Be sure to remove the protective cover on both sides! If you’re using an acrylic letter, make sure to work on the opposite side from what you want the front to be. n
- If you want to add additional artwork you can paint on your keychain design, use acrylic paint and apply 2 coats for an even finish.
- Paint a layer of glitter paint onto your keychain blank.
- While the paint is still wet, add the polymer clay slices. I used a pair of tweezers to make placement even easier.
- Once the paint is dry, add a thin layer of Mod Podge over the top of the polymer slices.
- Finally add your keychain key ring and tassel using pliers and now you have a beautiful acrylic keychains.
Other Keychain Ideas
Valentine’s Day Keychain
Using Valentine’s Day polymer clay slices you can make heart keychains or use letters to make initial keychains!
This is a great keychain project for beginners who want an easy key chain DIY. If you like this beginner keychain project, checkout my Cricut maker keychains. You could also add a permanent vinyl Cricut design to this keychain project as well. Make sure you are following along with my on Instagram, Facebook or TikTok see more colorful and crafty projects.