I’ve been seeing a ton of fun resin crafts lately and I wanted to create something that looked like resin but without having to use resin which can be complicated and requires special protective gear when handling. That’s when I came up with the idea of creating these fun faux resin keychains. These DIY acrylic keychains are super easy to make and don’t require too many supplies. This is a quick 20-30 minute craft that can be done by all skill levels. This post contains affiliate links, and I may be compensated if you make a purchase through my link. See full disclosure here.
Related: Cricut Keychain Project
DIY Acrylic Keychains Supplies
- Acrylic Keychain Blanks Set
- If you want letter blanks check here
- Polymer Slices
- Glitter Paint
- Mod Podge
- Foam Paintbrush
- Tweezers (optional)
Directions for Faux Resin Keychains
- Start with your acrylic keychain blank. Be sure to remove the plastic stick coating on both sides!
- Paint a layer of glitter paint.
- While the paint is still wet, add the polymer clay slices. I used a pair of tweezers to make placement even easier.
- Once the paint is dry, add a thin layer of Mod Podge over the top of the polymer slices.
- Finally add your keychain ring and now you have a beautiful faux resin keychain.
If you like this keychain project, checkout my Cricut keychains. You could also add a Cricut design to this keychain project as well. Make sure you are following along with my on Instagram, Facebook or TikTok see more colorful and crafty projects.