It’s SO easy to make a melted crayon pumpkin and it’s really fun. If you are looking for a fun no-carve pumpkin decorating idea, this melted crayon pumpkin is the perfect craft for you. It’s also a great pumpkin decorating idea for all ages. The hardest part is taking the paper off the crayons, but there’s an easy way to peel the paper off! I give you all the details below.
SUPPLIES (affiliate links are provided for your convenience):
- Pumpkin – I used a real one
- Tacky glue
- Hair dryer
- Exacto knife (optional)
- Garbage bags or cardboard (optional)
- Unwrap the paper from your crayons. An easy way to do this is to use a small exacto knife (I don’t recommend kids do this part). I promise you…the exacto knife saves SOOO much time.
- Cut the unwrapped crayons in half.
- Glue the crayons around the pumpkin. I used 16 crayons.
- Let the glue dry completely.
- Place the pumpkin on top of cardboard or garbage bags.
- Use a hair dryer to melt the crayons. Start with a low setting, it will be easier to direct the flow of the crayons melting.
While it’s fun to make this melted crayon pumpkin in rainbow colors, try mixing up the color palette. Wouldn’t it be great to do an ombre version as well! Or see what happens when you make a melted crayon pumpkin using only 2-3 colors. There are so many different ways to make this fun no-carve pumpkin.
If you are looking for more colorful no-carve pumpkin decorating posts, also check out my other fun tutorials:
For more fun crafts, make sure you’re following me on me on Instagram @Colormadehappy and Facebook. And be sure to come share what if you’ve created if you’ve been inspired by one of my posts. I’d love to see it.