Fall is the perfect time to collect rocks and create fun and colorful fall painted rocks. Fall rocks are great for decor around the house, decorating your garden, using as part of table decor and more. See below for how to create this adorable fall truck painted rock.
See more painted rock tutorials here!
Fall Truck Painted Rock Supplies (affiliate links provided for convenience)
- Rocks –
- Paint Pens – Below are the best paint pens for decorating rocks.
- Sealant (optional)
- With a pencil, trace the outline of the bottom half of the truck. Include the bed of the truck, the bumper, and the tires.
- Leave room for the “fall decoration” in the middle of the rock, above the bed of the truck. Then trace the top of the truck and the rearview mirrors.
- Choose a bright color to use when coloring in your truck. Color the bed of the truck as well as the top of the truck. You can use gray and black for the bumper and tires.
- You can use your pencil again to trace any fun fall decor/items that you want in the back of the truck like flowers, pumpkins, or a barrel of apples. Don’t forget the rear view mirror in the middle of the windshield.
- Next, color in the windshield and rear view mirrors with white. Outline the rear view mirror on the windshield with black. Add red rear lights and draw white lines to accentuate the tire marks.
- With your pencil, trace the outline of a banner on the back of the truck.
- Fill in the banner with fun colors.
- Outline the truck, banner, and other items in black. Add groove lines to pumpkins.
- Outline the flowers and add a few accent leaves. You can also add a few stray sprigs of wheat/straw. In a pretty font, write the words “happy fall!” on the back of the truck.
- Optional: Seal the rock with sealant to complete the rock.