As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. See our full disclosure here.
I love making cute DIY Christmas ornaments for the holidays and this time I wanted to make something that was extra sweet. I partnered with Arteza to bring you this fun and creative way to make a cupcake Christmas ornament (AD). There are so many different ways to make a cupcake ornament but this way will show you how to take a glitter ornament and turn it into a cupcake in just a few simple steps. If you haven’t seen it yet, check out my glitter ornament tutorial here.
Supplies for Cupcake Ornaments (affiliate links provided for convenience)
- Clear plastic ornaments. I used plastic ornaments because I didn’t want to worry about them breaking.
- Fine Glitter – I used this amazing glitter from Arteza. So many glitter colors to choose from and the opening is the perfect size for pouring directly into the ornament.
- Arteza acrylic paint
- Arteza acrylic paint markers
- Cupcake liner
- Polycrylic Clear Gloss- You can also fine Polycrylic at Lowe’s.
- Medicine dropper/syringe
- Hot glue gun
Directions for Cupcake Ornament DIY
- Start by creating your glitter ornaments. Fill a medicine dropper with about 5ml of polycrylic. Squeeze the polycrylic from the dropper into the ornament.
- Swirl the liquid around the entire ornament until it is completely coated.Turn over the ornament and let the excess liquid drain. I used tiny cups to allow the liquid to drain so that I could coat 2-3 ornaments at a time. You can always pour the excess liquid back into the polycrylic can.
- Pour glitter directly into the ornament. I didn’t need a funnel because the glitter opening poured easily, but you can use a funnel if needed.
- Swirl the ornament to cover the inside with glitter. To get the last little bit of the top covered take a piece of paper and place it over the top and give the ornament a few shakes.
- You don’t have to but it’s a good idea to let the ornament dry for 15-20mins if possible.
- Add the ornament top back on and paint white or cream frosting using acrylic paint. Once dry add sprinkles with acrylic paint or paint markers.
- Add a cute face using paint markers or acrylic paint.
- Glue the ornament to a cupcake liner. I just glue the bottom but you could also add a little glue on the sides if needed.
Ready to make your own cupcake ornaments? I’d love to see if you make one. If you share a picture on instagram be sure to tag me @colormadehappy.