Making painted rocks doesn’t have to be complicated. You can make beautiful easy painted rock ideas just by doodling and creating patterns. This is a great way to get creative on a surface other than paper or a sketchbook. You can use your finished doodle painted rocks as coasters, home decor or garden decorations. And with Aleene’s Spray Acrylic Sealer you can protect your rocks from chipping, fading and keep them protected from the elements.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided to me by Aleene’s and ColorShot but this post is fully my own opinion and experience with the product. This post also contains affiliate links, and I may be compensated if you make a purchase through my link. See full disclosure here.
Supplies for Easy Painted Rock Ideas
- Aleene’s Spray Acrylic Sealer (Gloss Finish or Matte Finish)
- White Santorini Rocks (or you can use regular rocks and first paint them white
- Colorshot Paint Markers
- Colorshot Craft Paint
- Paint Brushes
- Start by drawing your design directly onto the stone using Colorshot paint markers or you can also paint your design using Colorshot paint.
- Add details like dots and other small elements to your design using a small paint brush and Colorshot craft paint.
- Have fun with the designs you create. You can do everything from drawing organic shapes to simple patterns and lines.
- Spray your finished doodle rock design with Aleene’s Spray Acrylic Sealer (Gloss Finish or Matte Finish). With the gloss finish your rocks will look just like painted ceramic tiles.
- Display your finished painted rocks inside on an easel, on a table, shelf or even use them as coasters. You can also add some beautiful decor to your outdoor landscape or garden with your doodle rocks. Since your rocks are sealed with Aleene’s spray acrylic sealer, your rocks are protected from the outdoor elements.