Who doesn’t love vintage campers? This no carve pumpkin idea makes for a great display piece and is the perfect way to add some fun pumpkin decor around the house. You can even add some fun dollhouse items around the pumpkin for a cute vignette. Making a pumpkin camper is super easy. See below for the complete list of supplies and directions.
Painted Pumpkin Camper Supplies (affiliate links provided for convenience)
- Artificial White Pumpkin – I think if you are going to put in all the effort, why not make this a pumpkin you can put out year after year. Of course the tutorial will work for a regular pumpkin as well.
- Acrylic Paint
- Paint Brushes
- Paint Pens – I like these Posca paint markers or these Tooli-Art paint pens with a medium point.
- Start by outlining the details of your camper design onto your pumpkin using a pencil.
2. Paint the main parts of the pumpkin using acrylic paint.
3. Start to fill in the details with paint pens. The window, door, flags and tire.
4. For the window flowers, start first by adding both dark green and light green specs for the leaves.
5. Once the leaves are dry, add little flowers. Be careful to let each color of the flower dry before adding more or the colors will run together. You can also add little polka dots on the window shade.
6. Add details to the front door.
7. Outline everything with a black paint pen to make it stand out.
8. At the very end I thought the camper needed a cute little flamingo decor. You could also add a BBQ instead.
For a finishing touch you could add some cute dollhouse furniture to the the outside of the pumpkin for additional decor.
For more crafty and colorful projects visit my Instagram page or Facebook page. And if you make you own camper pumpkin, come share your finished project. I love featuring crafts that were inspired by my tutorials with my followers.